Sunday, July 25, 2010

Grayton Beach State Park in Florida

July 2010

I have been to Grayton Beach State Park, FL so many times I feared I would have trouble finding things that I hadn't photographed before. However, the truth is every day is vastly different from the next - this is true of any given place. This was my first time on the beach in the summer.

-- Sunset --

 

I love the lighting that occurs at sunset: soft shadows, rosy glow, reflections in the damp sand, and a sense of peace.



Sunset is the perfect time for portraits. In this photo I had to deal with backlighting from setting sun but I think the end product was worth the hassle.



Water, feet, and sand - three things meant to be together.





I love the piles of sand she has created while burying her feet in the tide.




Almost silhouetted and softly blurred, she looks out at the vast ocean. The ocean can always be counted on to make you feel both small and all-encompassing at the same time.



The girl in these photos pointed out her footprints and said I should take a picture of them. I'm glad I followed her advice as it turned out very nice, with the waves just overtaking them.





The coffee cup adds an element of surprise to this photo of man and ocean.



The moon peeks out over the ocean, making the water come alive with shimmering reflections.



The ocean at night with the waves feathering the sea. And the day as ended.



-- Sunrise --



The blur suggests to me the blending of man with nature and the waves, witnessing the dawn.



Wandering along the edge of the sea, watching the sun rise.




In the fall and winter on the Emerald Coast, the sun rises and sets over the ocean, which is magnificent. However, the sunrise over the dunes carries its own majesty.






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





The dunes in the soft glow of the morning, looking pure white as ever.



The clouds are a rosy pink in the glow from the freshly arisen sun.



A sky fish in the clouds. And the next day has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment