Sunday, July 11, 2010

Please treat me like an artist

Dear Friends,

I am a professional photographer. This means that any photos I take, even if it's of you or your stuff, are my property. I am always obvious when I take photos (I will never sneak photos of you), and lately, considering the photos may be placed on my blog, I have been asking permission of everyone I photograph. I am an artist. You would not expect a painting someone did to be yours simply because you were in it, would you?

I have had several artist friends of mine lately use my work in professional settings without permission. This is disrespectful to me and also illegal. My dream is to someday make a living with my work, and this will not be possible if I do not get the recognition I deserve as an artist.

Thank you.

R. Bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment