Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Comes to Oakdale

Spring celebrations take place at my house, Oakdale, while wildflowers and bulbs set forth blooms.

untitled

First anemone in my garden to flower! The brilliance of the red dominates the picture.


untitled

My cat, Caramia, becomes interested in my efforts and becomes part of the composition.


Fairy Bells

A grape hyacinth begins to bloom with all it's might.

Hunter

You know it's spring when the cats start to bud on the trees... I tried to capture Caramia's edginess as she peers around the side of a branch, enjoying her climb.


Weeds

A weed is only a weed if it is not wanted. This wildflower was taken from directly above letting the other flowers below it blur slightly to make a pretty canvas.


Nathrach in the Grass
My other cat, Nathrach, whose name means serpent. Despite the connotations of his name, I think he was just pretending to be an Easter egg. His black sleek fur stands out in contrast to the fluffy green plants.


Easter Metaphor I
This one in a series of photos I took of a particular wildflower.


Easter Metaphor II

Here you see three brown speckled eggs at the base of the wildflower.


Easter Metaphor III

The eggs have become obscured to the sharply in focus wildflower. The entire picture is now in black and white - it has lost the impermanence of color.


Hunter

This photo bares the same title as the above photo of Caramia, but the meaning is much different here. You can just see the basket behind the subject.


Mushroom

A decorated egg upon a decorated cloth. This egg bares the face of a familiar video game mushroom. Shot with a telephoto lens, the depth of focus brings your eye is straight to the egg without losing the marvelous texture of the cloth up close.


1 comment:

  1. I can't decide if my favorite is kitty with the flower, or the anemone by itself!

    ReplyDelete